Did You Know?
- The BlueRibbon Coalition (BRC) is incorporated in the state of Idaho as a non-profit corporation. Date of incorporation May 6, 1987
- The BlueRibbon Coalition (BRC) has been a designated IRS 501(c)(3) non-profit organization since June 6, 1995. Donations to BRC are tax-deductible.
- The BlueRibbon Coalition (BRC)hires an outside accountant to audit its books every year.
- The BlueRibbon Coalition (BRC) is required to file a federal information return, called the 990, with the IRS every year. The 990, which details the year’s income and expenses, is posted on our website each year after filing.
BRC’s 990 IRS Filings
- The BlueRibbon Coalition (BRC) is registered and must renew annually as a non-profit charity with the Secretary of State’s or the Attorney General’s office in 37 states, including the District of Columbia:
- AL, AK, AR, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IL, KS, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, NC, ND, NH, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, TN, UT, VA, WA, WI, AND WV.
- is exempt from registration in 3 states:
- LA, MO, and NY.
- and is not required by law to file in 11 states:
- AZ, DE, IA, ID, IN, MT, NE, SD, TX, UT, and WY.
- You may contact your state’s charity office for more information about its programs and protections.
- The BlueRibbon Coalition’s (BRC) Board of Directors and Officers serve rotating three-year terms and are not compensated.
- The BlueRibbon Coalition (BRC) is a publicly supported non-profit, deriving 99% of its income from the public, rather than grants from the government. BRC uses no outside fundraisers